1. To advocate for and coordinate for the critical professional development needs of faculty, associate faculty, classified, and management employees.
2. To produce the district professional development yearly plan. This includes the faculty Flex calendar, classified staff development calendar, and the management professional development calendar.
3. To uncover, explore and research through survey and various other tools, staff development needs within all constituents at MSJC: faculty, associate faculty, classified, and management.
4. To develop an operating budget for professional development projects throughout the year.
5. To ensure that professional development funds are used to support the professional development needs of faculty, classified, and management employees.
6. To produce an end-of-year report that includes an executive summary of the current year budget and goals for the following academic year.
7. To develop and maintain a professional development website.