Adaptive Technology Available
DSPS has adaptive technology available to help students overcome their disabilities and succeed in their college goals.
For the Blind & Visually Impaired
- JAWS - Text to Speech Software
- ZoomText - Screen Enlargement Software
- CCTV- Enlarge Printed Material
- Alternate Media
- Electronic text
- Large Print
For Mobility Impairments
For Learning Disabilities & Cognitive Processing Deficits
Free Adaptive Software
- Balabolka - Text to Speech software. An alternative to Kurzweil that lacks zone editing, note taking and highlighting features.
- Natural Reader - text to Speech software. An alternative to Kurzweil that lacks zone editing, note taking and highlighting features.
- Non Visual Desktop Reader (NVDA) - NVDA stands for Non-Visual Desktop Access. NVDA is a screen reader that provides access to most Windows functionality through synthesized speech. Navigation is accomplished using only the computer keyboard. It is comparable to commercial products, such as JAWS and Window-Eyes.
- This link is to a list of 10 free screen reading programs.