Alternate Media Center
DSPS assists instructors and students with disabilities by providing access to alternate media formats to meet a variety of instructional needs.
These can include:
- Electronic-Text (E-Text)
- Large print
- Accessible Online and Distance Education
- Tactile graphics
To make a request for a specific material in
alternate format complete the on-line Alt Media Request Form for each
book or material needed each semester. In order for us to fulfill Alternate Media requests, students MUST bring in the book with a copy of the receipt.
- The Alt Media Request Form is to be completed ONLY if this accommodation has been pre-approved by a DSPS counselor.
- If you are not part of the DSPS program do not fill out the above form.
- Students and instructors are
encouraged to plan ahead as much as possible, as conversion to an
alternate format can take up to four weeks, when the District is open
and in session.
- MSJC makes available, upon request, in alternate media, any publication it offers to the general public such as the college catalog, announcements about cultural or recreational events sponsored by the college, job announcements, etc.. Requests for these materials in an alternate format should be made to Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS).