Want to Join Our Team??
Students hired as paid tutors must:
- receive an A or B in any subject in which they plan to tutor
- be enrolled at MSJC or accredited university with at least 6 semester units
- provide recommendations from MSJC instructors
- successfully complete the tutor training class (TA-100) which is offered each semester
1. Assist students in learning and practicing the concepts necessary for content area success.
2. Mentor students to develop positive learning skills, such as effective note-taking, organization of materials, and time management.
3. Provide a forum for participatory learning, which includes the active involvement of the tutee.
4. Aid the tutee in understanding concepts without providing answers for students or completing assignments for students.
5. Support the teaching methods of the tutee’s instructor.
6. Refer students to the Tutorial Services Specialist if the personal or academic needs of the tutee are beyond the tutor's expertise or job description.
7. Work the assigned hours per week unless making prior arrangements with the TSS.
8. Prepare for tutoring sessions by reading required material, planning questions, and providing structure for the time spent with students.
MSJC students interested in tutoring at the Menifee Campus should contact the following:
Ted Blake, LRC Coordinator at (951) 639-5487 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorrie Ross, Writing Center Coordinator at (951) 639-5643 or email@example.com
Amy Wassing, Tutorial Services Specialist (Interim) at (951) 639-5481 or firstname.lastname@example.org