- Rock Cycle
Rock cycle animations display some of the most common rock-forming processes.
Markets and market data: global market statistics.
- California School Data
- Colleges and Universities
- College Testing
- Financial Aid
- Lesson Plans
Election and Voting Information
- League of Women Voters – California
- League of Women Voters – National
Provides balanced non partisan information about the candidates and issues.
- My Vote Counts – California Secretary of State
Links to political parties, candidate information, polling places, voter registration, voter complaint forms, campaign finance information, etc.
- Center for Responsive Politics
“The Center for Responsive Politics is a non-partisan, non-profit research group based in Washington, D.C. that tracks money in politics, and its effect on elections and public policy.”
- Project Vote Smart
“40 national leaders, including former Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter, formed Project Vote Smart (PVS) in 1992. Dedicated to upholding the ideal of democracy and serving the American people with unbiased and accurate information, PVS constructed a user-friendly voter's self-defense system accessible through a website and a toll-free hotline (1-888-VOTE-SMART)”
- Riverside County Registrar of Voters
- Roper Center for Public Opinion Research (LexisNexis Academic Universe database)
Located in Reference – Polls & Surveys Section of the database. Access data from public opinion polls on the presidential candidates, and the issues. Use the keywords “vote for president.” If on campus go to http://www.lexis-nexis.com/universe or if connecting to Lexis-Nexis from off campus, log in through my.msjc.edu
English as a Second Language
Provides information on environmental contaminates throughout the U.S. Searchable by types of pollutants, geographic areas, and zip codes.
- Toxic Release Inventory – U.S Environmental Protection Agency
Search for releases of various pollutants by facility, geographic location, chemical name, or SIC code.
- General Sources
- African and African-American
- Chinese and Chinese-American
- Japanese and Japanese-American
- Latin American
- Latin American Network Information Center
This site hopes "...to facilitate access to Internet-based information to, from, or on Latin America." An editorial staff selected the site's 12,000 plus URLs, which can be accessed via either a subject directory or a search engine.