Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee
MT. SAN JACINTO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
The Mt. San Jacinto College Board of Trustees approved the appointment of members to the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee during its regular meeting on May 21, 2015.
A Citizens’ Oversight Committee was required by Prop. 39 after the passage of Measure AA, the $295 million facilities bond passed in November, 2014. MSJC appointed nine members (two more than required to ensure diverse representation) from a pool of more than 20 candidates. The appointees represent various groups: One student; one member of the business community; a senior citizens’ organization member; a member of a tax payers association; a member active in a college-support organization and three community members at large.
The following were appointed to MSJC’s Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee for 2016-2017:
- Dee Cozart - Chair, Business Representative - San Jacinto
- Altie Holcomb - Member At Large - Menifee
- Andrew Masiel - Member At Large - Temecula
- Brenda Maya Esparza, Student Representative - San Jacinto
- Brian Sylva - Member At Large - Beaumont
- Dennis Anderson - MSJC Support Organization (MSJC Foundation Board) - Hemet
- Darryl Drott - Taxpayers Association - Menifee
- Judy Guglielmana - Taxpayer Association - Lake Elsinore
- Salvador Valdivia - Senior Citizen’s Representative - Beaumont