MT. SAN JACINTO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
The Mt. San Jacinto College Board of Trustees approved the appointment of members to the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee during its regular meeting on May 21, 2015.
A Citizens’ Oversight Committee was required by Prop. 39 after the passage of Measure AA, the $295 million facilities bond passed in November, 2014. MSJC appointed nine members (two more than required to ensure diverse representation) from a pool of more than 20 candidates. The appointees represent various groups: One student; one member of the business community; a senior citizens’ organization member; a member of a tax payers association; a member active in a college-support organization and three community members at large.
The following were appointed to MSJC’s Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee:
- Brenda Maya Esparza – Student Representative – San Jacinto
- Dee Cozart – Business Representative – San Jacinto
- Dennis Anderson – MSJC Support Organization (MSJC Foundation Board) – Hemet
- Darryl Drott – Taxpayers Association – Menifee
- Altie Holcomb – Member At Large – Menifee
- Brian Sylva – Member At Large – Beaumont
- Salvador Valdivia – Senior Citizen’s Representative – Beaumont
- Judy Guglielmana – Taxpayer Association – Lake Elsinore
- Andrew Masiel – Member At Large -- Temecula
Would You be Interested in Serving?
If you wish to serve on this important committee, please review the committee bylaws for more information about the committee’s role and responsibilities and complete the application. Completed applications should be sent to Mt. San Jacinto Community College District.
Mt. San Jacinto CCD-Application for Independent Citizens Oversight Committee 2017.doc
Send your application via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax at 951-654-6364 or via the US Mail at:
Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Attn: Jennifer Marrs
1499 N. State Street, San Jacinto, CA 92583
Telephone: (951) 487-3011