If you are interested in the Nursing Program at Mt. San Jacinto College, attend a Nursing Workshop. The Nursing Student Success Coordinator offers Nursing Workshops.
Spring 2015 Information Workshops will be announced as soon as that information is available
Spring 2015 LVN-RN Application Workshops will be announced as soon as that information is available
THE NURSING ADMISSION PROCESS
Admission to the Associate Degree Nursing program at Mt. San Jacinto College includes the use of a Multi-Criteria Selection Process. This tool includes, but is not limited to:
for the Multi-Criteria Selection Process.
- previous academic degrees
- diplomas or relevant certifications
- grade point average in prerequisite courses
- life experiences
- proficiency or advanced level coursework in a language other than English
- TEAS score
BASIC ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM FEBRUARY 1ST TO FEBRUARY 28TH.
1. Apply to Mt. San Jacinto College; complete the orientation, assessment and optional advising session.
2. Submit all Official Transcripts from all Colleges and/or Universities attended to the Nursing and Allied Health Unit or Enrollment Services.
3. Completion of the following prerequisites with a minimum grade of “C” or better and a combined grade point average of 2.5 or higher is required.
*ANAT 101- Anatomy & Physiology I (5 semester units)
4. Complete and submit a Transcript Evaluation to the Nursing and Allied Health Unit by December 1st once all prerequisite courses are complete or in the final semester of being complete.
*ANAT 102- Anatomy & Physiology II (5 semester units)
*BIOL 125- Microbiology (5 semester units)
MATH 096- Intermediate Algebra or higher (5 semester units)
ENGL 101- Freshman Composition (4 semester units)
*Must be completed within a seven-year period preceding qualifying date of eligibility.
5. If the evaluation results confirm eligibility, download an application from the website and submit during the application filing period.
6. Applications will be reviewed using the Multi-Criteria point system.
Based upon the established Multi-Criteria point system, the Nursing program accepts 50-60 first year students each fall semester for the ADN program and 15-25 students each spring semester for the LVN-RN program.
You can contact the Nursing Department Office by emailing MSJCADNprogram@msjc.edu or calling (951) 639-5577 if you have any additional questions.