Due to changes in State funding, the number of students accepted into
The Associate of Science Degree in Nursing Program will vary.
Beginning Fall 2013, the MSJC Associate Degree Nursing Program has implemented a once a year admission cycle.
Note: Meeting admission requirements for the program
does not guarantee admission into the Associate Degree in Nursing
Program. Please see the Multi-Criteria Selection for additional
information about the selection process.
The following must be met prior to the application deadlines:
to Mt. San Jacinto College. All students must have a student ID#, which
can be obtained by submitting an online application to the college
found at http://www.msjc.edu/StudentServices/EnrollmentServices/Pages/default.aspx.
2. Completion of orientation and assessment. All students are also recommended to meet with a college counselor prior to applying.
3. Proof of High School Diploma, G.E.D., California Proficiency Exam.
4. Submission of official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
5. Review department website located at www.msjc.edu/alliedhealth for updates to program.
6. Cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 college scale in the following admission requirement courses:
- ANAT 101- Anatomy & Physiology I (5 semester units)
- ANAT 102- Anatomy & Physiology II (5 semester units)
- BIOL 125- Microbiology (5 semester units)
- MATH 096- Intermediate Algebra or higher (5 semester units)
- ENGL 101- Freshman Composition (4 semester units)
All admission requirement courses and general education courses
required for graduation must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
101, ANAT 102 and BIOL 125 require a 7-year recency. Students who are
lacking the 7-year science recency will receive information on their
evaluation on how to satisfy the requirements.
9. Submit Transcript Evaluation Request Form once all prerequisites are in progress or completed before the December 1st deadline for the Fall program directly to the NAHU, Building 500 Menifee Valley Campus.
10. Obtain an application from the Nursing and Allied Health Office during the application filing period. Applications are accepted
February 1 - 28 for the Fall program.
To read more information about the program requirements, please download and review the ADN Program Brochure 2013-2014.pdf or the LVN-RN Transition Brochure 2013-2014.pdf.
anticipation of the Cal State San Marcos RN-BSN collaboration endeavor,
students applying to MSJC's ADN Program in Fall 2013 and thereafter,
may be required to enroll in additional prerequisites prior to
Mt. San Jacinto College does not accept online/hybrid science courses
for Nursing & Allied Health Programs. Transfer students should submit a copy of their registration statement with the Transcript Evaluation Request to verify science courses were completed on-campus and confirm minimum lecture/lab hours were met for program admission.
accordance with the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), all nursing
students must have a US Social Security Number. The BRN will no longer
accept applications that do not contain a US Social Security Number. The
Nursing Practice Act provides for a unified examination and licensing
application. Once an applicant passes the examination, a license is
automatically issued. Under these circumstances, the BRN cannot accept
applications for examination and licensure without a US Social Security
Student admitted to the ADN program in Fall 2013 had an Average GPA = 3.416 and Average TEAS = 72.9%
Students admitted to the ADN Program in Spring 2013 had an Average GPA = 3.824 and Average TEAS = 84.1%