The Certfied Nursing Assistant (CNA) is a full-term class that provides interested students the opportunity to experience the field of nursing, and decide if this career might be for them, without making a long term commitment. The CNA Program currently accomodates 30 students each semester.
This is a one semester, 200 hour course, including lecture and clinical practice, which prepares students to take the State of California Certification Examination as a Certified Nursing Assistant and Certified Home Health Aide. CNA job oppportunities are widely available in acute care hospitals, skilled care nursing and assisted living facilities, as well as home care.
Enrollment in the CNA course also includes enrollment in the HHA (Home Health Aid) training, which is a specified component of the CNA program. HHA prepares the CNA to work in the Home Health setting.
CNA certification is an excellent preparation for students desiring to pursue a VN or RN license.
Pre-Registration packets for Fall 2013 are no longer available.
Required: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR (level "C"), Department of Justice fingerprint clearance (LiveScan through MSJC form only), Immunizations, proof of negative TB test, and Physician Certificate of adequate physical health (MSJC form only).
Course Enrollment Process:
- Must have an MSJC student ID number. Apply for admissions @ http://www.cccapply.org/applications/cccapply/apply/mt_san_jacinto_college.html.
- Obtain a CNA Information/Pre-Registration Packet - SPRING 2014 PACKETS WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15 - 31.
- Students must complete all preregistration requirements listed in the CNA Packet prior to receiving an Instructor Consent Form to enroll in courses (NURS-085/084A - 8 units total).
- Obtain the Instructor Consent Form by bringing a copy of your completed LiveScan and student tracker printouts (refer to CNA Packet), showing all preregistration requirements have been met, to the Nursing & Allied Health Office during posted office hours.
Students must have a registration date from Enrollment Services and cannot register until their assigned date.
- Prepare to sucessfully pass the State of California Department of Health N.A.T.A.P. exam
- Demonstrate the fundamental nursing skills instructed in the state approved nursing assistant training program with 100% accuracy
- Qualify to be employed as a nursing assistant and/or home health aide
Director, Candace Mead