The Mt. San Jacinto College Board of Trustees approved new building projects for the Menifee Valley and San Jacinto campuses during the Board’s regular meeting on Aug. 12, 2010. The Board also approved five District Goals for 2010-11.
The building projects the Board approved are part of MSJC’s Five-Year Construction Plan, which was developed with recommendations from the Educational Master Plan.
The projects outlined in the District’s Five Year Capital Outlay Plan are:
• San Gorgonio Pass Campus – Phase I 2010-11
• Humanities & Social Science Building, MVC Spring 2012
Final Project Proposal (FPP):
• Math & Science Building, MVC 2015-16
Initial Project Proposals (IPP’s):
• Cultural Arts Building, SJC 2016-17
• Science & Technology Building, SJC 2016-17
• Student Services Building, MVC 2016-17
• Allied Health Building, MVC 2017-18
The Board also approved on Aug. 12 five District goals for 2010-11.
The proposed goals were among the items the Board discussed during a work session on July 22, 2010. Other items during the work session included updates on accreditation and the Facilities Master Plan.
The District goals the Board approved are:
· Student Success
· Systematic Planning and Assessment
· Fiscally Sound Position
· Institutional Pride and Organizational Culture
· Community Partnerships and Service
Each of the goals must have measureable outcomes, be reasonable or realistic in support of the college mission statement and some could take more than a year, depending on resources, or be ongoing, depending on the nature of the goal.
The goals will be developed through the Institutional Planning Model that revolves around the Institutional Planning Committee.