April 15, 2014
Mt. San Jacinto College and California State University San Marcos have joined forces to offer students an exciting program that will help them earn associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in business.
The Business Administration program starts in Fall 2014 at Mt. San Jacinto College’s Temecula Education Complex 2 located at 43200 Business Park Drive in Temecula. This program will provide students with a seamless transition from the community college level to the four-year university level.
Students will benefit from the program in a number of ways:
- Collaborative Cohort-Based Model - Full-time students work through the curriculum as a cohort to achieve the same academic degrees, resulting in consistent peer support throughout the program and beyond.
- Non-Impacted Program - Students have guaranteed seating and individualized attention in all required courses.
- Guaranteed Time to Completion - Full-time students should complete the entire program in four years.
- Community Collaboration - The program emphasizes active, immersive learning through partnerships with local community leaders, businesses and organizations.
- Student support - Students who sign the transfer admission guarantee receive an educational plan, counseling, tutoring, mentoring and other services designed to assure success.
“This innovative program will help MSJC students understand the trends of our local businesses,” said Dr. Pat Schwerdtfeger, MSJC Vice President of Instruction. “The collaboration with Cal State San Marcos will save our students time and money and prepare them for jobs close to home.”
"This new location offers unique opportunities for students right here in Riverside County," added Mike Schroder, Dean of Extended Learning and Vice President of International Programs at CSUSM.
Taken together, the AA and BSBA will give you the skills you need to be successful in the business world. It will prepare you for jobs with some of the finest companies in the region and abroad. This rigorous under-graduate program balances theory and application. The curriculum has been carefully coordinated between MSJC and Cal State San Marcos. It emphasizes effective writing and presentation skills as well as teamwork. Students complete their bachelor’s coursework with the “Senior Experience program,” a culminating experience that is unique to Cal State San Marcos.
This program is a model transfer and articulation agreement between MSJC and Cal State San Marcos. It will lead to an increase in students who earn degrees in business administration.
If you are already prepared for college-level math and English and are considering a degree in business, visit www.msjc.edu/CSUSMbusiness or call 951-487-3409.