It is the student's responsibility to declare a specific educational goal during the term after which the student completes 15 semester units.
After you have completed 15 units, you will need to choose a goal for attending college. Your goal may be to earn an AA or AS degree, transfer to a university, or complete a vocational certificate. It will also include your major subject area or concentration. You are free to change your educational goal at any time as long as you notify the college of the change. The educational goal should be updated on-line every semester.
Educational Goals offered at MSJC:
· Obtain a bachelor's degree after completing an associate’s degree.
· Obtain a bachelor's degree without completing an associate’s degree.
· Obtain a two-year associate's degree without transfer.
· Obtain a two-year vocational degree without transfer.
· Earn a vocational certificate without transfer.
· Discover/formulate career interests, plans, goals.
· Prepare for a new career (acquire job skills).
· Advance in current job/career (update job skills).
· Maintain certificate or license (e.g. Nursing, Real Estate).
· Educational development (intellectual or cultural).
· Improve basic skills in English, Reading or Math.
· Complete credits for high school diploma or GED.
· Undecided on goal.
Majors offered at MSJC
Click here to download the Student Update form and declare your Educational Goal and Major. The Student Update form must be submitted to the Enrollment Services office at the San Jacinto Campus, Menifee Valley Campus, or Temecula Valley Center.