Counseling offers a variety of transfer and articulation services to help you plan for transfer to the college/four-year university of your choice. You are strongly urged to speak with a counselor as early as possible to help you with transfer planning.
Transfer/Articulation Services Include:
- Admissions, housing, financial aid/scholarship information and assistance
- Information on specific majors and programs
- Library of College/University catalogs, brochures, and extension programs
- Admissions Applications
- Video Library
- Individual advising sessions with university representatives
- Annual College Fair
- Multiple electronic media resources for career, college and scholarship information (includes Internet access and website addresses)
- Campus tours to universities throughout Southern California
- Access to web site addresses for local, national, and international colleges and universities
- Hyperlinks to important related transfers and articulation websites (see below)
Begin your transfer planning today by reviewing the glossary of important transfer terminology.
Link to Transfer Glossary (PDF*)
Links to Important Transfer/Articulation Websites
What is Articulation?
Articulation is the process of evaluating courses to determine whether a particular course offered at MSJC is comparable to or acceptable in lieu of a corresponding course at a particular CSU or UC campus.
What are the Types of Articulation Agreements?
- Course-to-Course Agreements The purpose of a course-to-course agreement is to determine if a specific course taken at one college will satisfy a requirement at another college.
- General Education General Education (GE) breadth agreements indicate courses a student can complete at MSJC to satisfy the general education requirements at the transfer campus.
- IGETC Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) is a general education program, which community college students in California can use to satisfy lower-division general education requirements at any CSU or UC campus.
- CSU General Education The CSU GE agreement is a pattern, which community college students in California can use to satisfy the lower division GE requirements for the CSU campuses.
- Major Preparation The major preparation agreements specify the lower division courses required for a specific major at a specific four-year institution.
- Transferable Course Agreements University of California Office of the President Transfer Course Agreement is a listing of courses offered at MSJC that are transferable to the University of California.
- Transfer Admissions Agreements (T.A.A.) T.A.A. is a formal, written agreement that guarantees admission to selected four-year institutions by satisfying specific criteria. These criteria include courses that must be completed before transfer, grade point average required, and specific requirements for impacted majors.
- California Articulation Number System The California Articulation Number (CAN) System is a cross-reference course identification system for many lower-division, transferable major preparation courses commonly taught on college campuses.
Linked below are Transfer Curriculum Agreements:
* This is a PDF document; you may need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.