IMPORTANT: Check Student EagleAdvisor through your my.msjc.edu account frequently to see if you have moved from the Waitlist to enrolled status. This is called the auto-enroll process and will stop 10 days before the start of the term for full-term classes and 10 days before the start of the class for short-term classes. Please see "How to Manage Your Waitlist" below for more information. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm enrollment and pay any additional fees to avoid being deleted from the course and removed from the waitlist. You will have 4 calendar days from the day you register including weekends and holidays to pay fees. If you do not intend to remain in the class, you must drop yourself by the drop and refund deadlines. Students that have not been auto-enrolled prior to the start of the class and remain on the waitlist are strongly encouraged to attend the first meeting. At that time, if the instructor is able to add you they will issue you a late add code to be used online.
Students will not be auto-enrolled from the Waitlist if any one of the following conditions exists:
- Current enrollment in a different section of the same course.
- Time conflict between a currently enrolled class and the waitlisted class.
- Corequisites or prerequisites for the wait list class are not met.
- Term unit limit is exceeded: fall and spring, 20.0; summer 5.0.
- Course repetition: Student is seeking to repeat a course already completed.
- The course requires instructor consent.
Note for Online Classes Only: To be added to an online class you must be on the Waitlist before it closes. If the Waitlist has closed you may not petition to enter an online class. You will receive an email from the instructor within the first week of the class if an "open seat" has become available, they will provide you with a Late Add Code to register in the course.
Once available seats in a course are filled, there may be an option to add to a Waitlist for the course if...
What prevents students from adding themselves to a Waitlist?
- The Waitlist is not full which holds a maximum of 10 students.
- The Waitlist is not closed. (Waitlists close 7 days prior to the start of the term for full-term classes and 7 days before the start of the class for short-term class.)
- The class allows a Waitlist.
- Enrollment appointment date/time has not yet been reached.
- Student has a hold on his/her account.
- The last day to wait list has passed.
- Waitlist is at its capacity.
- Already enrolled in another section of the same course.
How to Add to a Waitlist follow these instructions:
Login to your my.msjc.edu student account