Students will be limited to THREE enrollment attempts in a course if the following grades have been received: F, D, NP, NC, and/or W. This policy does not affect repeatable courses (courses that can be taken more than one time for credit); please refer to the college catalog for enrollment limitations.
What does this mean?
· Students who have enrolled in the same course three times with any combination of substandard grades and/or Ws will not be permitted to enroll in that same course again.
· All past enrollments before this change will count towards this new limit.
· Drops that do not result in a W grade will not count towards this limitation.
· One additional enrollment may be permitted by petition with documented extenuating circumstances.
· If you have reached the maximum number of enrollments and would like to repeat the course again, you will have to attend another institution to enroll in the course.
· You are encouraged to consult with a counselor regarding potential withdrawals and upcoming enrollment choices.
· Seek student support services such as tutoring that will assist in your success.
Example- This example only displays one scenario. If you need further explanation please meet with a counselor.
This policy change was adopted by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges to, “ensure that as many students as possible are provided the opportunity to access a postsecondary education”.
Schedule an appointment with a counselor.