It is expected that ALL students will participate in the matriculation process. Students may REQUEST an exemption from assessment, orientation or counseling if they meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Graduated from an accredited U.S. college or university with an AA degree or higher.
- Completed a minimum of 15 units of college work with a "C" average or better including English 61 and Math 50 or equivalents (submit transcripts to Enrollment Services if the units are from other colleges).
- Completed the Accuplacer assessment or other California Community Colleges System Office approved assessment. Assessment scores must be less than 3 years old.
- Assessment must be an instrument approved by the California Community Colleges System Office.
- Enrolling in 6 units or less AND meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Educational development (intellectual, cultural)
- Prepare for a new career (acquire job skills)
- Advance in current job/career (update job skills)
- Maintain certificate or license
Although you may qualify for an exemption you should know what you'll be missing. Please read Matriculation: Your Gateway To Success to make an INFORMED decision to be exempt from the process.
Matriculation Exemption Form
Please submit to Counseling for approval signature then to Enrollment Services for a registration date (if available).