Over the years, thousands of professionals judges, doctors, teachers, entrepreneurs, and civic leaders have taken time from their busy schedules to serve as volunteer mentors to Puente students. In addition, hundreds of local businesses and community-based organizations have supported Puente by donating scholarship fund, hosting field trips to work sites, or providing in-kind resources.
The Impact of Mentoring
- Reinforces a specific goal or outcome;
- Assists with retention in the program;
- Provides access to a higher level of education or career advancement;
- Assists with relationship building; and
- Illustrates a path, and/or provides different options on how to accomplish a goal.
Lizette Lopez with her mentor Diann Bradshaw.