Cooperative Work Experience Education Program
The Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) program helps students achieve their educational and career goals through internships. This is a unique experience for students because it provides an opportunity to combine classroom education with mentored work experience.
- Receive college credit for on-the-job experiences (paid or unpaid)
- Add valuable on-the-job experience to resume
- Learn and improve employment skills under actual working conditions
- Apply classroom theory to real job experiences
- Develop a better understanding of core job functions in the selected industry
- Develop a better understanding of human relations in the workplace
- Network with professionals
There are two types of Work Experience Programs:
Students interested in enrolling in the CWEE program will need to follow the steps below:
- Occupational Internship:
- Designed for students enrolled in a career-oriented discipline
- Supervised work experience is directly related to student's career goal and is an integral part of the student's major
- General Work Experience:
- For students who want to explore career and work experience opportunities
- Designed to help students develop career and workplace awareness
- Does not need to be related to student's educational goal
- Intent is to help students acquire desirable work habits and career awareness
--> Sign up and attend a Job Skills Workshop
prior to your internship. Job Skills Workshops focus on the development of soft skills, resume and cover letter writing, and interviewing techniques.
--> Complete the CWEE Online Orientation and pass the exam with a score of 20.
--> Print your Certificate of Completion. Students are responsible for reading and understanding the orientation which includes the registration procedures, requirements, and deadlines.
--> Bring your CWEE Online Orientation Certificate of Completion to Escarlet Wirth in the Counseling Department to pick up the CWEE Student Application and Training Plan.
--> Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to pick up the enrollment documents.
--> Transcripts will be reviewed for completion of required coursework prior to enrollment.
--> Meet with your Site Supervisor at the location of your internship to develop three learning objectives for the internship program.
--> Obtain their signature on the CWEE Student Application and Training Plan.
--> Meet with your faculty advisor to obtain their approval of the three learning objectives and signature on the Training Plan.
--> If the faculty advisor does not approve the three learning objectives, you will need to re-write the objectives with your Site Supervisor and then meet with your faculty advisor again for approval and signature.
--> Bring the completed CWEE Student Application, Training Plan, and this checklist with you to the Counseling Department to receive the Coordinator’s Signature.
--> Bring to Escarlet Wirth
in the Counseling Department. Email email@example.com
to schedule an appointment.
--> Take completed documents with the required signatures to Kimberly Brais, Room 916 on the Menifee Valley Campus or Deborah McKee, Room 1100 on the San Jacinto Campus.
--> You will receive copies of your documents and a signed CWEE Program Enrollment Consent form.
--> Take the CWEE Program Enrollment Consent form immediately to Enrollment Services to Teri Orchard on the Menifee Valley Campus or Karla Marquez on the San Jacinto Campus.
--> The form must be submitted to Enrollment Services on the same day or the form will expire.
--> Payment for tuition fees must also be made immediately in order to complete registration.
The entire registration process described above must be completed by the 2nd Friday of the semester term. For Spring 2014, the deadline to complete the above registration process is:
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED
Friday, January 31st at 11:00 am
CWEE Registration Checklist- COMING SOON
Steps to CWEE Student Success
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to see a list of frequently asked questions and the answers. Got more questions? Please contact the CWEE Office at 951-639-5567.