MSJC Mens tennis quickly disposed of visiting Victor Valley College in a 1st round South Coast Conference match played at the Tennis Facility on the San Jacinto Campus. This match was a perfect opportunity for some of the top players in the lineup to get some rest for 2 big matches coming up later in the week and it also gave those players in the alternate position a chance to play and showcase their talent. Even though these 2 teams have been re-assigned to the South Coast Conference they have been familiar foes throughout the years in the Pacific Coast Conference and Foothill Conference. Today was the eagles day to shine as they posted a 9-0 score, sweeping the singles and doubles without losing a set.
The eagles gear up for a huge match at Riverside City College this Thursday at 12pm in a rematch of last years 1st round dual team state playoff match won by MSJC 5-3. RCC currently the preseason ITA #1 ranked team in southern california will be looking to avenge that defeat and the eagles will have to bring their top game to this match.
South Coast Conference 1st round dual match
MSJC def Victor Valley College
1. Taylor Witt (msjc) def. Jonathan Wicks (vvc) 6-0, 6-1
2. Carlos Marquez (msjc) def. D. Smith (vvc) 6-2, 6-0
3. Tyler Park (msjc) def. Donovan Tronshaw (vvc) 6-1, 6-1
4. Kenny Hotchkiss (msjc) def. Donnie Wicks (vvc) 6-1, 6-1
5. Loren Beck-Gonzales (msjc) def. D. Smith (vvc) 6-2, 6-0
6. Ronnie Burcker (msjc) def. AJ Johnson (vvc) 6-0, 6-0
1. E. Mensah/Witt (msjc) def. J Wicks/Smith (vvc) 8-2
2. B Reich/Marquez (msjc) def. Tronshaw/D Wicks (vvc) 8-2
3. Park/Beck-Gonzales (msjc) def. Smith/Johnson (vvc) 8-3
MSJC 5-1 (2-0)