The MSJC women's tennis team returned to winning on Friday, February 27th by defeating Mt. San Antonio College 8-1. This is the second home match of the season and the women were happy to be playing at home on the familiar courts. The day started with the MSJC women sweeping the three doubles matches. Each played aggressive and have been improving with each practice and match. The doubles match of the day goes to Escamilla and Valdez because they were able to take the momentum back in the match and finished the match playing aggressive doubles. The singles matches were played tough but Garcia and Valdez secured the match with their wins. All the women played with a lot of heart and class. The singles match of the day goes to Lozano because she battled in each set to come from behind and win. Her tenacity is inspiring to her teammates. The one loss was hardly a loss and was decided by a mere 2 points. Henderson played her heart out and never gave up. She showed so much mental toughness and is a true student-athlete. Coach Yolanda Duron said, "I am very proud of the way the women played today. We have been working on a variety of strategies and it was great to see them execute their plan. We look forward to conference play in March."
MSJC hosts Rio Hondo College for the start of the Foothill Conference on Tuesday, March 2nd at 2pm.
1. Lozano/Lessley (MSJC) def. Mullis/Kittiudom (MtSac) 10-1
2. Escamilla/Valdez (MSJC) def. Monteilh/Su (MtSac) 11-9
3. Garcia/Henderson (MSJC) def. Perez/Johnson (MtSac) 10-5
1. Lessley (MSJC) def. Monteilh (MtSac) 7-5, 7-6 (0)
2. Lozano (MSJC) def. Mullis (MtSac) 7-6 (6), 7-5
3. Escamilla (MSJC) def. Kittiudom (Mt Sac) 6-2, 7-5
4. Valdez (MSJC) def. Perez (MtSac) 6-1, 6-3
5. Garcia (MSJC) def. Wyatt (MtSac) 6-1, 6-3
6. Hall (MtSac) def. Henderson (MSJC) 7-6, 4-6, 1-0 (8)