Hello Future Eagle,
My name is Gina Oliver, Head Coach at Mt. San Jacinto College. Our 2020 Softball Program is able to welcome several new players. NOW is the time for new players to join our Summer Class beginning June 17th. All students who pass the Summer softball class will earn PRIORITY ENROLLMENT for Fall Semester. This is a huge reward for making the MSJC Student-Athlete Priority Enrollment List.
May-June: Phone Interviews and Menifee Campus Tours with Prospective Player
Summer Class: June 17 - July 25 7am-10am MTWTH (Conditioning and Fundamentals)
Fall Class: August 12 – December 6, 8am-10am MWF (Game Strategies, 15 Scrimmages)
Winter Class: January 2-17 times TBA (Season Prep, Uniforms, Team Conditioning)
Spring Class: Jan 21- April 24, 2-4pm MTWTHF (Official Practice and 2020 Season)
ADMINISTRATIVE STEPS TO MAKING THE MSJC SOFTBALL TEAM
- Read the “Recruiting Page” link on our website
- Provide your student ID number after completing MSJC Application and Orientation
- Walk-In Assessment Testing is 8am-5pm Mon-Thurs (12-1pm closed for lunch) Fridays 8-12pm. You MUST take the math and English placement test with PIC ID and student ID # before you get to register for classes. Exception: if you already attended another college, then bring transcripts to Counseling appointment.
- Placement Test Study Tools
- Placement Test on-campus workshops to improve your score, take mock exams.
- Make a counseling appt. to draft your Education Plan with Jen Burleson or Darnell Bing.
FINANCIAL AID / COUNSELING NOTES:
- May . The EOPS (Equal Opportunity Program) application deadline for FALL. If you need assistance with the application, email Taylor email@example.com in SJC 1452 for assistance. If you qualify for a BOG A or B, you should apply. And, you can do your mandatory contact with Darnell Bing instead of an EOPS counselor. Apply for EOPS online
Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation email to your student email with further information.
- June 25th Summer Bridge Course for new Student-Athletes presented by the Menifee Counseling Staff. 5-7pm Building 100, Room 106
We look forward to having you join the Eagles Softball Family. Go Eagles!
MSJC Head Softball Coach
PS - If you have not done so already, please complete the:
New Player Questionnaire
MSJC Online Application and MSJC Online Orientation. www.msjc.edu/Apply
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MSJC-Womens-Softball-162396187135850