Classified Senate Session Information
Regular Sessions: are held the third Wednesday of every month, and are conducted specifically, to handle business, as listed in the Classified Senate Regular Session Agenda.
Special Sessions: are called as needed by the Senate Executive board. They are conducted to discuss, and take action on an emerging, or pressing issue.
All are open sessions, and are both coordinated, and conducted within the spirit of the Brown Act.
Classified Senate Meetings are a means by which:
- Issues and concerns of the Classified Public come to our attention for advocacy to the other governing agencies of this institution (i.e. Administration, Faculty, and Student Bodies)
- Information--by way of Officer and Senator Reports (gathered by the numerous Shared Governance Committees, that we serve in, on your behalf)--are dissiminated to the Classified Professional Public
- The Classified Senate Executive Board and Senators-At-Large, are able to cause effective change to occur, by having discussion about various information items, and voting for multiple action items that are built into meeting Agendas
- We work to ensure a Classified Presence within the Recruitment Hiring Committees by bringing these to the Classified Publics attention, and appointing interested employees to serve on them.
- Committees and Sub-Committees are formed to plan, design, and impliment the various Professional Development activities as well as fun, seasonal parties and events to build relationships with your Classified family, increase morale, and "take a breather" from our busy schedules.
Visit the Senate's Session Page HERE
View, Download, or Print one from the Senate's Agenda & Minutes Library THERE
Curious about Serving? Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org