Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
September 24, 2004
The meeting began at 2:45 p.m. Members Becky Elam (co-chair), Dennis Hogan,
Catalina Cruz, Laurel Jones (for Robin Steinback), Paul Hert, Donna Greene,
Karen Watts, Martha Crawford, Melissa Cabral and visitors Dick Stover and Jenna
Wilson were present. Bob Rockwell, Gretchen Fowler, Kristi DiMemmo, Marcos Castellanos
and Gail Jensen were absent.
- Members were introduced and given a copy of the Budget Development Committee
Membership and Charge. The Budget Committee can help determine how District
will be managed and make important recommendations.
- Faculty committee members will decide who will be committee co-chair and
report back to Becky Elam.
- On motion by Dick Stover and seconded by Catalina Cruz, the minutes for
June 2, 2004 were approved.
- Future meetings will be at 2:00 p.m. on fourth Fridays. Karen Watts will
reserve a room.
- Budget Report from Becky Elam/Catalina Cruz
- University budgets were decreased; community college budgets increased
slightly, indicating a new trend for the State.
- The budget is not as bad as anticipated but District will still experience
budget cuts and this year will focus on repairing areas cut in 03/04.
- District is hoping to receive same support in 04/05 as 03/04 for Child
- Child Development Centers are an area of concern. Board of Trustees
would like to see them self-supporting like the cafeteria and bookstore.
- New ASB members welcomed to the committee and reported that:
- Membership is increased
- Parking discount with ASB membership is helping
- ASB sponsoring Halloween fair again this year.
- Accreditation Self-Study - Committee members encouraged to review Standard
III Financial Resources portion, page 19, and participate in the Self-Study.
Next Meeting is October 22, 2004 at 2:00.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:47 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes