MSJC Institutional Research aims to be innovators in data and research analysis. We are committed to maintaining the integrity & excellence of the information & analysis we provide by continually measuring, assessing and refining our methods. We strive to work collaboratively to advance knowledge & understanding, to promote a culture of evidence, and contribute to effective Institutional policies.
The mission of MSJC Institutional Research is to provide relevant information and meaningful analysis to facilitate data informed decision-making at MSJC.
- Data Integrity - We are committed to ensuring accurate and timely data analysis.
- Professionalism - We take pride in our work and endeavor to accomplish our tasks in an ethical and unbiased manner.
- Innovation – We strive to achieve effective, useful, and meaningful results by maintaining an environment of purposeful scrutiny of our methods and by pursuing the highest level of efficiency in our methods.
- Empower decision makers by enabling timely access to accurate and meaningful information
Objectives for the Office of Institutional Research
- Collects, warehouses, analyzes, and disseminates data relevant to the needs of the college
- Designs and conducts institutional research studies as needed for informed decision making
- Reports official institutional data to internal and external agencies
- Assists with institutional data gathering or with research-related projects
- Provides statistical and/or research consultation to help ensure that the data is used and interpreted correctly
- Keeps current on best research practices, IR technology, and trends in higher education
“Values should underpin Vision, which dictates Mission, which determines Strategy, which surfaces Goals that frame Objectives, which in turn drives the Tactics that tell an organization what Resources, Infrastructure and Processes are needed to support a certainty of execution.” ~Mike Myatt