Students hired as paid tutors must receive an A in any subject they plan to tutor in, they must be enrolled at MSJC or an accredited university for at least 6 units, provide recommendations from MSJC instructors, Successfully complete the tutor training class (TA 100; offered every semester) at least once, and complete the tutor application form linked below. MSJC students who are interested should also get in contact with LRC Coordinator, Ted Blake, at (951) 639-5487 or email@example.com. Tutor_Employment_ Application.docx
1. Assist students in learning and practicing the concepts necessary for content area success.
2. Mentor students to develop positive learning skills, such as effective note-taking, organizing materials, and time management.
3. Provide a forum for participatory learning, which includes the active involvement of the tutee.
4. Aid the tutee in understanding concepts without providing answers for students or completing assignments for students.
5. Support the teaching methods of the tutee’s instructor.
6. Refer students to the LRC Coordinator if the personal or academic needs of the tutee are beyond the tutor's expertise or job description.
7. Work the assigned hours per week unless making prior arrangements with the LRC Coordinator.
8. Prepare for tutoring sessions by reading required material, planning questions, and providing structure for the time spent with students.
MSJC students interested in tutoring at the Menifee Campus should contact:
Ted Blake, LRC Coordinator at (951) 639-5487 or firstname.lastname@example.org