- Program Application Due: March 1 - March 15
- Program Starts: Fall Semester (August)
Only students who have received an Eligibility Letter to Apply can submit an Application for the DMS Program.
Eligibility Letters are processed during the Transcript Evaluation process. Please review the Admissions page for additional information.
- Applications must be hand delivered to the Nursing and Allied Health Office, Building 500 on the Menifee Valley Campus.
- Applications must be received during the application period of March 1 through March 15, by the close of business.
- Communication regarding Acceptance into the DMS Program is sent via MSJC student email, along with other requirements that need to be met in order to secure your spot in the program.
- Selection is highly competitive. If you are not given acceptance, we recommend you meet with a Counselor to discuss your educational options.
- After Final Selection, students who are unable to meet required immunization and background clearance by the specified due date will be dropped from the program.
Download the Fall 2018 DMS Application
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program does NOT maintain a waitlist. Applicants not selected for admission are welcome to apply during the next application cycle. Applications do not roll over.
Students having admission requirements met by the
application deadline will be considered for selection. Those eligible
will be selected based on highest total points from the Multi-Criteria point system of the Admissions criteria. The number of students accepted into the DMS program is based on
availability of approved clinical education centers, but varies each
year from 8 to 10 students.
Each student will be notified of their initial
acceptance into the program by receiving an electronic letter sent to
your MSJC student email within 2 to 4 weeks after the filing deadline.
Final admission is conditional on the student submitting an
acknowledgement form, a clear background check, a satisfactory physical
exam, and an American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR
certification. Detailed instructions for this process will accompany the
letter of initial acceptance.