Welcome Current or Returning Students
MSJC uses the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) to deliver online and hybrid classes, as well as provide an online space for on-campus classes to host digital resources and information. Below is a list of introductory resources about using the Canvas LMS. If you have additional questions or need assistance after reviewing the provided resources, please visit support.msjc.edu
or submit a help ticket via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Distance Education Student Orientations
View the MSJC Calendar of Events to register for an on campus Distance Education Student Orientation. Orientations are scheduled the week prior to and the first week of the semester at both the Menifee and San Jacinto Campuses. If you care not available to participate in an orientation, you can get help by attending Canvas Open Studios or scheduling a one-on-one support appointment.
Canvas Open Lan Hours for Students (walk-ins):
One-on-One meetings to assist students with Canvas-related questions/concerns:
Register to participate in one-on-one meetings
All others, are being asked to call the office to schedule a meeting 951.639.5446
The MSJC Online Program Mission:
- Provide a high-quality learning experience in every course
- Deliver regular effective contact from instructors
- Offer over 100 different courses including over 450 sections
- Online courses delivered via Canvas Learning Management System
- Access to integrated email system using Microsoft Office 365
Get Prepared for Online Learning
Below is a list of resources we've collected to help you ensure you are ready for online learning. While not all of them may be applicable to you, we recommend that you take your time to review all of them because you might find some unexpected information that will help you be successful in your future online courses.
Canvas Resources for Students
Canvas has created an outstanding app for mobile devices. It works with Apple and Android devices. You may benefit from downloading the Canvas app for your cell phone and use the app to keep updated with what is going on in your online courses.
Additional Online Campus Resources
- Effective Fall 2018, the official check in for distance education classes begins at 8AM Pacific on the published class start date.
- Check in is available for 48 hours; if you have not completed the check-in requirements by the 2nd day you could be dropped.
- Get on the Wait List if you want to enroll.
- Teachers only enroll from the waitlist.
- Pay fees within four days of enrollment.
Support for Online Learning
MSJC provides an Online Support Center for students. You will find Blackboard and computer support information in the center at support.msjc.edu.