MSJC Board of Trustees approved a $87,385,690 general fund budget for 2017-18 during the regular meeting on Sept. 14, 2017. The unrestricted General Fund pays for operations, materials, supplies, salaries and benefits, among other things. The District’s total $215,706,786 million budget includes funds that are restricted for use in specific areas. The budget includes funds from facilities bond Measure AA. MSJC budgeted for serving 12,301 full-time equivalent students. www.boarddocs.com/ca/msjc/Board.nsf
- The budget includes appropriations for 11 newly hired (net new) teaching faculty and two non-teaching faculty. It also includes replacements for 13 retired teaching faculty.
- The district approved a new athletic coaching stipend schedule for increases to coincide with other institutions.
- Increase to STRS/PERS employer contributions
- 7 percent Board Reserve
In other actions, the Board of Trustees approved:
- New interim administrative appointments:
- Barry Kayrell, interim provost
- Katherine Stratton, interim associate dean of Information Technology
MSJC Board of Trustees provided authorization to execute the following Measure AA bond contract agreements:
- BergerABAM ($10,100) to provide civil engineering support services, prepare the Water Quality Management Plan (WQMP) required by local State Water Resource Control Board, and prepare the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) as part of the Menifee Valley Campus Science Labs and Classroom Modulars project.
- Leighton Consulting ($18,573) to provide special inspection and testing laboratory during all phases of construction for the Science Labs and Classroom Modulars project at the Menifee Valley Campus. This is required by Division of State Architect (DSA)
MSJC Board of Trustees approved Bid No. 2018-006, Athletic Facilities Renovation Project Audiovisual Systems-San Jacinto Campus to Time and Alarm Systems in an amount not to exceed $123,845. This project will provide labor and material to install a complete turnkey-ready audio system for the football, baseball fields and gymnasium.