Student Accident Insurance
The Mt. San Jacinto College District provides
secondary accident insurance for students, student athletes and children
of students. In the event of an emergency, PLEASE CALL 911 (Dial 8-911 from a District phone) to ensure that the student is properly treated. The
Accident/Illness Response Flow Chart and list of approved clinics are
included. Both the student and the Teacher/Supervisor are responsible
for the completion of the required forms (below) to process the claim.
Accident_Illness response Flow Chart - 11.1.17.pdfApproved clinics handout 11.21.17.pdf
Eligible activities include the following and are separated by eligible persons:
- Enrolled and registered, while attending regularly scheduled classes at college; or
- While attending college, supervised and administratively approved
activities, including club activities or traveling under college
supervision to and from college sponsored events.
- Student Athletes
- Enrolled and registered, while participating in
or attending any regularly scheduled practice or competition supervised
by an authorized representative of the district of the college; or
- While traveling directly to and from practice or competition with
other members as a group provided such travel is supervised by an
authorized representative of the college.
- Child(ren) of Students
- While in or about the child care facility provided by the college, provided that the facility is on the college campus; or
- While attending "mommy and me" classes provided by the college with their student parent, if applicable.
- PLEASE NOTE: Children at both
Child Development Centers whose parents are not students are covered
under a separate policy. If your child sustains an injury at the CDEC
you will be contacted and given the correct paperwork from the Director
To file a claim:Step 1 - Incident Report
Step 2 - Claim Forms
Step 3 - Complete and Submit Forms
Step 4 - Processing Claim