Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Top Help (new window)
Sign In
MSJC > Student Services > Placement and Proctoring Center > Placement & Proctoring Center - Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)

Placement & Proctoring Center - Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)

What do I need to bring for a Make-up test?

A photo ID (driver's license, high school or college ID, state or federal approved ID, passport etc.). Note: You will not be admitted without a photo ID.

Is an appointment necessary?

No. All Make-up tests are done on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis during regular office hours

The Placement & Proctoring Center provides this convenient system to meet the needs of our students' busy schedules. (Please Note: give yourself enough time to complete your test before the Placement & Proctoring center closes for the day).

What if I completed English and/or Math at another accredited college?

If you passed English and/or Math at an accredited college with a “C” or better, You will need to see an MSJC counselor (appointments and walk-in hours are available) who will help you complete the Prerequisite Evaluation Form, which you will then turn into Enrollment Services.  If you are planning on pursuing a degree at MSJC, then you can also complete a Transcript Evaluation form to be submitted to Enrollment Services.      

What if English is not my first language?

MSJC offers English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.  To determine your placement into ESL courses, MSJC administers the Combined English Language Skills Assessment (CELSA​) for placing non-native English speakers into English and Reading courses. The CELSA test does NOT require an appointment. Students can take the test during normal Placement & Proctoring Center Hours and should allow for at least an hour to check-in and take this paper and pencil test.

How do I get testing accommodations for my disability?

If you have a documented disability and need testing accommodations, contact your institution’s ADA Department for information and details about making any needed arrangements. Please visit Mt. San Jacinto College's (MSJC) Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS)​ for more information about accommodation services at MSJC.