Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Top Help (new window)
Sign In
MSJC > Title IX > How to File an Unlawful Discrimination Complaint

How to File an Unlawful Discrimination Complaint

This page will explain the different ways you can file an unlawful discrimination or Title IX complaint. The process and forms are the same.

How to Report Incidents of Unlawful Discrimination or any violation of Title IX:

If you need to file a complaint you should begin by going through the college's process. This will result in the most efficient resolution in most cases. To report a complaint to MSJC fill out Appendix A of AP3410 and submit it to Human Resources. For your convenience we have made it available here: Unlawful Discrimination Form (You must download the form or open it in Acrobat for it to become a fillable PDF.)

For more information or to report an incident, contact the Title IX Coordinator Jeannine Stokes at or call 951-487-3158 

What is Title IX?
"No person in the U.S. shall, on the basis of sex be excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving federal aid."
Examples of the types of conduct that violates Title IX include, but are not limited to:      
  • Pressure for sexual activity
  • Sexual innuendos and comments
  • Sexually explicit questions
  • Requests for sexual favors
  • Unwelcome touching, hugging, stroking, squeezing
  • Spreading rumors about a person's sexuality
  • Sexual ridicule
  • Displaying or sending sexually suggestive electronic content, including but not limited to emails, text messages, etc.
  • Pervasive displays of pictures, calendars, cartoons, or other materials with sexually explicit or graphic content
  • Stalking a person
  • Attempted or actual sexual violence

Other ways you can file a complaint