How to File an Unlawful Discrimination Complaint
This page will explain the different ways you can file an unlawful discrimination or Title IX complaint. The process and forms are the same.
How to Report Incidents of Unlawful Discrimination or any violation of Title IX:
If you need to file a complaint you should begin by
going through the college's process. This will result in the most
efficient resolution in most cases. To report a complaint to MSJC fill
out Appendix A of AP3410 and submit it to Human Resources or to Fred
Frontino, MPA. For your convenience we have made it available here: Unlawful Discrimination Form Fillable.pdf (You must download the form or open it in Acrobat for it to become a fillable PDF.)
For incidents involving any employee of the college please report to the Associate Dean of Human Resources: email Jeannine Stokes or call (951) 487-3151.
For incidents involving only students please report to the Title IX Coordinator for Students: email Fred Frontino, MPA or call (951) 639-5301
What is Title IX?
"No person in the U.S. shall, on the basis of sex be excluded
from participation in, or denied the benefits of, or be subjected to
discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving
Examples of the types of conduct that violates Title IX include, but are not limited to:
- Pressure for sexual activity
- Sexual innuendos and comments
- Sexually explicit questions
- Requests for sexual favors
- Unwelcome touching, hugging, stroking, squeezing
- Spreading rumors about a person's sexuality
- Sexual ridicule
- Displaying or sending sexually suggestive electronic content, including but not limited to emails, text messages, etc.
- Pervasive displays of pictures, calendars, cartoons, or other materials with sexually explicit or graphic content
- Stalking a person
- Attempted or actual sexual violence
Other ways you can file a complaint