Getting Started-Becoming a New Student
New MSJC Student
- Complete the Application for Admission to MSJC
for VA education benefits –Educational Benefits Application Process (optional)
out and complete VA form 22-1990 (for veteran education benefits) or VA form 22-5490 (survivors and dependents of
veterans with 100% disability). When certificate of eligibility
arrives in mail turn in at the time you register for classes to the VA
certifying official at MVC building 1017 or SJC building 1560 between 8:00am and 5:30pm Monday- Thursday. Hours may vary.
out College Tuition Fee Waiver.
for Financial Aid – FAFSA [MSJC Federal School Code:
you need assistance filling out your FAFSA online, you can visit the
Veterans Resource Center at Bldg 1560 (SJC) or Bldg 1017 (MVC).
Your Username & Student ID Number – EagleAdvisor
the "Login Here" box, click on "What is my Username and
Student ID?" or visit Enrollment Services for a temporary card.
– EagleAdvisor (may take up to 24 hours for
your completion to show)
– Please arrive at least 2 hours before closing. Assessment calendar
- Please arrive at least 2 hours prior to closing.
- Activate Student Email – EagleAdvisor
- Log in and select "Student
Transcripts – Enrollment Services (official transcripts only)
all previous transcripts from any schools attended including military
transcripts for evaluation.
using VA benefits (excluding the tuition fee waiver or Cal-Vet) all
official transcripts must be received by the end of the second semester.
– Veterans Resource Center (Bldg 1560, San Jacinto) (Bldg 1017, Menifee)
- If using VA educational benefits then an education plan
is required otherwise it is highly recommended. VA counselors are
available on a walk in basis. Hours may vary.
- Check Registration Date – EagleAdvisor
in and select "student eagle advisor."
pre-registration select "when is my registration appointment do I
have any holds to clear".
you do not feel your registration date is correct please visit the
Veterans Resource Center at bldg. 1560.
- Register For Classes – EagleAdvisor
- Submit Documents – Veterans
Resource Center SJC building 1560 1560 or MVC building 1017, 8:00am to 5:30pm Monday-Thursday. Hours may vary.
- Submit Statement of Responsibility
(required each semester), VA Education Benefits Certificate of
Eligibility, Education plan, and Change of major form (if required) to
- Eagle Card/RTA Bus Pass –
- After you register for class and
all fees are paid you may go to Enrollment services and receive your
Eagle Card/RTA Bus Pass.
- Attend Class – Congratulations you
are now a student at MSJC, the Veterans Center is here to help you at any
time during the semester.
following forms are required for proper certification and to provide you with
information about veterans’ services. Failure to submit the necessary forms may
result in funding delays, a reduction in funding, or termination of benefits.
Applying for your VA
- Statement of Responsibility (You
will need to fill out this form any time you add, drop, or register for a
new semester. Your enrollment will not be certified to the VA
without this being submitted.)
- VA Application (If applying for benefits through VA (VONAPP) online,
print a copy of your application and turn into your Veterans
Representative. If you are uncertain, contact your Veterans
- DD-214 (Member 4;
this is the long discharge form that states your Character of Discharge and Reentry Code. The DD-214 is required for CH30,
CH33, and CH1607.)
- NOBE (Notice Of Basic Eligibility.
Obtained from your command, for CH1606 only)