Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Top Help (new window)
Sign In
MSJC > Veterans Services > Prior Credit

Prior Credit


Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, and CLEP tests must be submitted to MSJC for evaluation prior to the end of their second semester of attendance.  It is mandated by the department of Veterans Affairs that MSJC evaluate and report all of the student’s prior earned credit(s) from all colleges attended prior to the student's third semester.  If all transcripts have not been received by the second semester, MSJC cannot and will not certify any courses to the Department of Veterans Affairs until the evaluation process has been completed.

Transcripts can be mailed or you may hand deliver them in the original sealed envelope to the VA Representative of your choice at either of the following locations:

San Jacinto Campus:                       Menifee Valley Campus:

Mt. San Jacinto College                       Mt. San Jacinto College
Veterans Affairs Office                        Veterans Affairs Office
1499 N State St                                  28237 La Piedra Rd
San Jacinto CA 92583                         Menifee CA 92584

Military Service Credit

All veterans wishing to use the GI Bill must submit a copy of their DD-214 (member 4) along with all other required paperwork. Veterans may be awarded 3 units of credit for the Healthful Living and Physical Education requirement for graduation by submitting an application for credit and a copy of their DD214 to the Enrollment Services Office. Students who are utilizing their GI Bill will automatically be granted the credit prior to their third semester.

The benefits of your DD-214

  • Exempt from the Physical Education requirements for the AA/AS degree
  • Granted 3 units of credit toward the Healthful Living requirement for the AA/ASdegree
  • Eligible for priority enrollment (provide a copy to Enrollment Services and request a priority date.)

How To Order Military Transcripts:

Army/ Navy/ Marine/ Coast Guard: Joint Services Transcripts Request
Air Force Transcripts: Air Force Transcript Request Website