Summer Financial Aid
Financial Aid is year-round. To be considered for both the Federal Pell Grant and the California College Promise Grant, students are encouraged to apply for both the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 academic years.
Summer California College Promise Grant
The California College Promise Grant program is available for qualified California residents and verified AB540 students that meet all eligibility criteria. The CCPG covers tuition for the summer, fall, and spring term.
To be considered for Summer 2023 California College Promise Grant, students must submit their 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA or DREAM Act Application CADAA.
Summer Pell Grant
Pell Grant eligible students can receive up to 150% of their scheduled Pell award each year. What does this mean for you? Summer is considered a "cross-over" period, which means that it begins in one academic year and crosses over into another.
At Mt. San Jacinto College, Pell Grant eligible students are initially reviewed for remaining eligibility under the 2022-2023 award year. Students who have zero remaining eligibility from the 2022-2023 award year and have been determined Pell eligible from the 2023-2024 award year, will be re-reviewed after July 1, 2023.
To be eligible to receive a Summer 2023 Pell Grant, you must meet all the following criteria:
- You must have a completed financial aid file for 2022-2023 and/or 2023-2024 award year at Mt. San Jacinto College.
- Be in an eligible Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status.
- A student who received 100% of their 2022-2023 Pell Entitlement prior to the Summer
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 units to be eligible for up to 150% of their scheduled award.
- Students enrolled in less than 6 units will only be eligible for a summer Pell grant if they did not use 100% of their eligibility prior to the summer term.
If you are a current Pell Grant recipient, and your financial aid file is complete, you will be sent a Revised Award Notification. Your financial aid awards will be available to view by logging into your Student Self Service Account. Payment will be adjusted based upon your enrollment.
Awards are based on full-time enrollment status; however, students are not necessarily required to enroll in full-time to receive aid. If students are enrolled in less than full-time for the semester, disbursements will be adjusted in accordance with the enrollment status.
|Enrollment||Title IV Units Required||Eligibility|
|12 or more units||100% of award amount for the semester|
|Three-Quarter Time||9 - 11.5||75% of award amount for the semester|
|Half-Time||6 - 8.5||50% of award amount for the semester|
|Less Than Half-Time||1 - 5.5||Eligibility varies|
- Every student’s eligibility is different. Your actual Summer Pell Grant may vary depending on your EFC, your remaining Pell Grant eligibility, your summer enrollment status and your Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (PLEU).
- Payment will be adjusted according to enrollment status.
- Disbursements will be made in one lump sum.
- Your PELL Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) will also be increased.
- Failure to make Satisfactory Academic Progress during Summer 2023, could result in a loss of eligibility for Fall 2023.
- Withdrawing from classes will result in paying back funds, please review our Repayment Policy return to Title IV (R2T4)/withdrawal policies and repeatability of coursework policy still apply for the summer 2023 term.
Summer 2023 Disbursement Schedule
|Awarded By||Disbursement Date||Pell Grant Year|
|Friday June 16, 2023||Wednesday June 28, 2023||2022-23 Pell Recipients only|
|Friday July 7, 2023||Wednesday July 19, 2023||2022-23 & 2023-24 Pell Recipients|
|Friday July 21, 2023||Wednesday August 2, 2023||2022-23 & 2023-24 Pell Recipients|
*Disbursement Dates are Tentative and subject to change.