Mt. San Jacinto College
Attn: Cashier Office
41888 Motor Car Parkway
Temecula, CA 92591
Terms and Conditions
As a financial aid recipient at Mt. San Jacinto College, you are responsible for understanding and agreeing to the following terms and conditions of your financial aid award:
A. GENERAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
As a financial aid recipient, I understand and agree that I must promptly report to the Financial Aid Office any changes in my financial, marital, residency, or academic status. Any additional earning or funding resources not included in my award offer from any other outside sources may result in changes of my award and/or require repayment of financial aid awards already advanced to me during the academic year.
B. REGARDING NOTICE OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
I understand that all financial aid awards are contingent upon the availability of funds. This award has been based on the documented information I submitted at the time I applied for aid. It is my responsibility to inform the Financial Aid Office if that information changes. If I receive additional resources during the academic year, I am expected to report this to the Financial Aid Office. By accepting financial aid, I agree to allow the Mt. San Jacinto College Enrollment Services to release system access and/or hard copy of my transcript to the Financial Aid Office, the California Student Aid Commission, and/or any non-university sources aiding me.
C. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Revisions: Mt. San Jacinto College reserves the right to revise the student’s Financial Aid award. Modification of this offer may be required due to lack of necessary state or federal funding, satisfactory academic progress, corrections, changes in the data reported to the institution by parents and/or students, unintended error, students change in units, change in residence, or other reasons consistent with MSJC’s procedures. You must be enrolled for the completion of each term to receive full financial aid award entitlement and agree that if you withdraw or cease to complete the required number of units you must arrange with the Financial Aid Office to repay any aid advanced for which you are no longer eligible.
- Verification: I understand the Financial Aid Office reserves the right to verify all documents submitted for my file and all information provided on my FAFSA at any time. During the review process, it may be determined that more documentation or information is needed to resolve conflicting information. Until additional information is provided, no further processing will be done on my file. The final determination of my eligibility may be delayed if corrections are needed, or other information is required. To the best of my knowledge, the information collected in my student aid application and with the Enrollment Services Office is accurate and complete.
- Enrollment:I understand the award amount(s) indicated on my award letter is based upon full-time enrollment (12 units or more). Students enrolled less than full-time may expect a reduction in aid. Late start classes starting after the first disbursement or any additional classes will be paid on the subsequent disbursement. Payment will be adjusted according to enrollment status.
- Overpayment: You will be considered to have received an overpayment of financial aid funds if:
- Payments made to you are based on incorrect information on your financial aid application
- Payments are made to you, and you already have a bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent from a foreign country)
- Payments are made to you after you are no longer enrolled in the required number of units
- Payments are made to you while you are in default on a student loan, and/or you owe a refund on a federal grant
- Payments are made to you when you receive financial aid from Mt. San Jacinto College and from another institution during the same enrollment period
I will not be eligible for aid if I owe a repayment or overpayment on a Pell Grant, SEOG, or any other grant from any college. I may regain eligibility by providing proof that I have paid my overpayment in full or I have provided proof that I have made satisfactory arrangements to repay my overpayment.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress: I understand that my financial aid eligibility is contingent upon meeting and maintaining satisfactory academic progress according to Mt. San Jacinto College standards. I acknowledge that a copy of the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy is available on the Financial Aid website. I agree to read these standards and follow the policies outlined within. The school uniformly applies these standards to all aid applicants at the end of each semester to determine eligibility.
- Loan Default: I will not be eligible for any Federal aid if I am in “Default” on a Stafford, Direct, PLUS, SLS, or Perkins Loan or other loans from any institution.
- Federal Work-Study: If you have been awarded Federal Work-Study, you must find a job placement within 4 weeks of being awarded. You MUST work to receive the dollar amounts awarded. The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to cancel your Federal Work-Study award if you drop below the required units, your cost of attendance no longer displays financial need, or you are no longer meeting Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Disbursements: Eligible MSJC students will receive their financial aid disbursements via BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. The Office of Financial aid reserves the right to review, modify, and/or cancel financial aid awarded at any time during the year due to changes in your financial status, including but not limited to, eligibility for financial aid and/or Satisfactory Academic Progress. In addition, your financial aid awarded may be void, cancelled or modified if the aid awarded was based on any error in determining eligibility or the amount of financial aid awarded, whether or not the error was made by you or the Mt. San Jacinto College Office of Financial Aid. Students who fail to cash financial aid refunds that were issued as a paper check by the check's expiration date, will have the funds returned to the aid program in which the refund was created.
- Return of Title IV Funds:Federal aid recipients who withdraw or are dropped from all classes are subject to federal regulations regarding the Return of Title IV funds. Students who withdraw or are dropped from all classes prior to completing more than 60% of the enrollment period are subject to these rules. Based on the date of complete withdrawals or drop, the Mt. San Jacinto Financial Aid Office will determine the amount, if any, of “unearned” federal financial aid received by the student. If the student received more financial aid than the amount earned, the student will be billed for the overpayment. In accordance with Federal Refunds & Repayment Regulations, if you withdraw from your classes after receiving your financial aid funds, you may be required to repay all or a portion of the financial aid you received. Please check with the Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing from classes. If you do not attend your classes, you will need to repay all or part of the financial aid you have received. You may not receive federal aid at more than one school during the same semester.
If you have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant, or any other type of aid, it will be automatically accepted in the award letter. If you do not want to accept the award(s), you may contact the Financial Aid office to cancel it.
YOU MUST INFORM THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE IF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOU:
- Address – Enrollment Services has an address/email on file that was indicated at the time of application to the college. If your email or mailing address changes be sure to update your contact information by logging into Self-Service.
- Increase in resources – If you receive any additional resources during the academic year, you are obligated to inform the financial aid office so that the financial aid office may perform a reevaluation of your aid eligibility.
- Scholarships - You must report scholarships received to the Financial Aid Office. Please submit a copy of your outside scholarship award letter and check to:
Mt. San Jacinto College
I have read and understand the terms and conditions of receiving Financial Aid. Acceptance of all or part of the aid listed on my award letter demonstrates student access to this information and acknowledgement of the rights and responsibilities described herein. This award has been made based on the FAFSA application information I have provided to the college. If there are any changes in my situation, my financial aid package may be modified accordingly.
I declare that I will use any Federal and/or State financial aid funds I for expenses connected with my education only. By receiving financial aid, I am accepting these terms and conditions.
- You have the right to know the correct procedures for applying for student financial aid, your cost of attendance, and the types of aid available
- You have the right to know how financial need is determined, what the criteria are for awarding aid, how academic progress is determined, and what you must do to continue receiving aid
- You have the right to know the type(s) and amount(s) of assistance you will receive, how much of your need has been met, and how and when you will receive your aid funds
- You have the right to request a reevaluation of your financial aid eligibility for unusual circumstances, not reported on the initial Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), that you feel might affect your eligibility
- You have the right to review your financial aid records and the contents of your student financial aid file, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (link)
- You have the right to request a reevaluation of any decision concerning your financial aid award
- You have the right to request that the Financial Aid Office correct any records that you believe are inaccurate
- You have the right to be notified by the Financial Aid Office about your eligibility for financial aid
- You have the right to be informed of any changes made to your financial aid award
- You have the right to know the method by which financial aid disbursements will be made to students and the frequency of those disbursements
- You have the right to know the method the school provides for eligible students to obtain, or purchase required books and supplies
- You have the right to know the general terms and conditions that are applicable to any federal work-study employment provided to a student as part of the student’s financial aid package
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
*In-person services for Financial Aid only available at the Menifee Valley Campus
Reach us by phone at 951-465-7891 or email email@example.com