GUIDANCE 100 is the keystone course for all FYE students, so plan to take this critical Summer course.
FYE Program Highlights
- Early Registration for your first two semesters
- Orientation on college life and financial aid
- Access to dedicated FYE faculty and counselors
- Supplemental Instruction in FYE courses
- Peer mentoring
- College skills workshops
- Career and transfer planning
- Activities for FYE Students
FYE Program Requirements put the odds of success in your favor!
Put the odds of success in your favor and join the First Year Experience Program today!
- Enroll in an English course each of your first two semesters
- 50% who passed English met their degree goals
- Enroll in a math course each of your first two semesters
- 55% of students who passed college-level math within two years of enrollment met their degree goals
- Enroll in and complete Guidance 100 in the first semester
- Taking a guidance course in your first year leads to 30% higher likelihood of making it to your second year.
- Meet with your FYE Counselor 1x every semester
- Stay on track with your Individual Education Plan, so you make it through college as efficiently as possible.
- Meet with your Student Mentor 2x per semester
- Get special assistance from student's just like you to build effective study habits, not taking, time management skills and more.
The MSJC FYE Program is supported by the California Community College Chancellor’s Office and the U.S. Department of Education.