While flu activity is at or below normal in Riverside County, it is on the rise in neighboring states and public health officials are urging people to get a flu vaccination.
Flu Prevention Tips
To help avoid infection, follow these prevention tips provided by the Centers for Disease Control:
- Frequently wash hands using soap and warm water.
- Carry hand sanitizer (60 percent or higher alcohol content) and use often.
- Avoid persons who exhibit symptoms of coughing, sneezing and runny nose.
- Stay at home if you feel ill and have flu symptoms.
- Cover your face when coughing or sneezing by using a napkin or rag and toss it away immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, face, mouth or nose with your hands.
- Isolate yourself at home for 7 days upon onset of symptoms.