Independent Citizens Oversight Committee
MT. SAN JACINTO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
APPLICATION FOR INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Trustees of the Mt. San Jacinto Community College District is seeking a qualified, interested individual to serve on a committee of community leaders which will serve as the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee (“COC”) for the District’s Measure AA school facilities bond program.
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the Citizens’ Oversight Committee shall:
Inform the public concerning the District's expenditure of Measure AA bond proceeds;
Review expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Measure AA bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in Measure AA; and
Present to the Board in public session, an annual written report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of Measure AA bond proceeds.
All appointments will be made by the Board of Trustees from applications submitted to All appointments will be made by the Board of Trustees from applications submitted to the District. The Committee consist of nine (9) members appointed by the Board from a list of candidates submitting written applications, and based on criteria established by Prop 39. The District is seeking applications for the following vacancies:
- One (1) member active in a senior citizens' organization.
- Two (2) member active in a tax payers association
- Three (3) members of the community at-large.
- One (1) student enrolled and active in a community college support group, such as student government.
- One (1) member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District.
- One (1) member active in a support organization for the college, such as a foundation.
The appointment will be appointed to serve one two-year term.
If you wish to serve on this important committee, please review the committee Bylaws for more information about the committee’s role and responsibilities and complete the application. Completed applications should be sent to Mt. San Jacinto Community College District. Applications will be opened until positions are filled.
Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax at 951-654-6236 or via the US Mail at:
Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Attn: Jennifer Marrs
1499 N. State Street, San Jacinto, CA 92583
Telephone: (951) 487-3011
Questions and/or comments should be directed to Business Services at 951-487-3011 or email to email@example.com
A Citizens’ Oversight Committee was required by Prop. 39 after the passage of Measure AA, the $295 million facilities bond passed in November, 2014. MSJC appointed nine members (two more than required to ensure diverse representation) from a pool of more than 20 candidates. The appointees represent various groups: One student; one member of the business community; a senior citizens’ organization member; two members of a tax payers association; a member active in a college-support organization and three community members at large.
The following were appointed to MSJC’s Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee:
- Dee Cozart - Chair, Business Representative - San Jacinto
- Andrew Masiel - Member At Large - Temecula
- Julie Venable - Member at Large - Hemet
- Judy Guglielmana - MSJC Support Organization (MSJC Foundation Board) - Lake Elsinore
- Mario Plazola Jimenez - Student Representative
- Vacant - Taxpayers' Association (2 vacancies)
- Vacant - Senior Citizen’s Representative