MSJC's Hall of Fame Celebrated its 2023 Honorees
Mt. San Jacinto College (MSJC), the MSJC Athletics Department, and the MSJC Foundation celebrated four Athletics Hall of Fame Inductees and two Foundation honorees on Oct. 13, 2023 during the Hall of Fame and Recognition Ceremony.
The event, hosted by the MSJC Foundation, was held at the newly named HCN Bank Stadium at the Menifee Valley Campus.
Inductees to the MSJC Department of Athletics' Hall of Fame were:
- Jamaal Tinsley, who led the Eagles to the state championship game during his sophomore season in 1999. He went on to play in the NBA for the Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies, LA D-Fenders, and Utah Jazz.
- The 1999 MSJC Football Team, which finished the season 10-1 overall, were the undefeated champions of the Foothill Conference, and ranked #8 in the country.
- John Norman, an All-Conference and All-State quarterback for MSJC who led the team to a conference championship in 1975. Norman later taught and coached at MSJC, serves on the Board of Trustees for the San Jacinto Unified School District, and served his community in many roles.
- Ken Reed, who for 50 years has served MSJC's Athletics Department as a baseball player at MSJC, assisted with score keeping and served as announcer, helped raise funds for the department and continues to be heavily involved in his community.
The MSJC Foundation honorees were:
- Don Domenigoni, an MSJC alumnus and Alumni President, and served on the MSJC Foundation board in many roles, including as the board's President, since 1993.
- HCN Bank and CEO Kevin Farrenkopf for their generous support dating back three decades. Under Farrenkopf's leadership, HCN Bank became the first organization to commit to a $1 million naming rights agreement to name the new stadium at the Menifee Valley Campus the HCN Bank Stadium.
- The Hall of Fame and Recognition Ceremony was generously sponsored by Balfour Beatty and Blue Violet Networking.