MSJC Hosts TEDx Program on Oct. 23
Mt. San Jacinto College (MSJC) will host a virtual TEDx program focused on "Awareness" at 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 23, 2020.
Out of an abundance of caution amid rising COVID-19 cases in Riverside County, MSJC will hold the event virtually, enabling the public to watch and listen to the eight speakers safely on Zoom or on YouTube.
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. These events are branded TEDx, where the "x" designates an independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance and certain rules for the program.
MSJC's TEDx program will feature eight speakers of varying backgrounds and expertise:
- Dr. Terri Horton -- A workforce futurist, artificial intelligence business strategist and founder of FuturePath, LLC.
- Dr. Chaz Austin -- An author and professor with private clients around the world. He has taught free courses that prepare people to self-market for The Gig Economy for Pierce College in Los Angeles since 2017.
- Dr. Ahlam Muhtaseb -- A professor of media studies and the director of the Center for Islamic & Middle Eastern Studies at California State University, San Bernardino.
- Sgt. Major Greg Coker -- An Army veteran who retired after 26 years of service, he is the CEO/Co-Founder of the Reaching New Heights Foundation, founded in 2014 to help veterans reconnect with society.
- Judge Mark Johnson -- An Army and Army Reserves veteran who now serves as a Riverside County Superior Court judge. He previously practiced criminal law.
- Aaron Norris -- The Vice President of Marketing for tech company Core Logic also has a background in real estate and speaks nationally on technology, housing, and trends.
- John A. Torres -- An MSJC professor, he has been a professional archaeologist and anthropologist for more than 25 years. He has conducted research in Southern California, Central America and Europe.
- Barbara Matthews -- The certified gerontologist, author and radio host has 20 years of experience in health and senior care with a special interest in Alzheimer’s Disease.
Learn more about the TEDx event and speakers online.
For more information, please contact communications studies and forensics associate professor Ron Newman at RNewman@msjc.edu or Honors Enrichment Program Administrative Associate Angelica Anderson at AAnderson@msjc.edu.
Mt. San Jacinto College serves about 27,000 students annually in a district covering 1,700 square miles from the San Gorgonio Pass to Temecula, with campuses in San Jacinto, Menifee, Banning and Temecula.