The Counseling Department offers a variety of transfer services to help you plan for transfer to a four-year college or university of your choice. You are strongly encouraged to speak with a counselor as early as possible to help you with transfer planning.
- Assist students in developing a smooth transition plan for transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Provide assistance with general education requirements, course equivalencies, and transfer contacts.
ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California.
Please note: ASSIST should not take the place of meeting with a counselor. It is intended to help students and counselors work together to establish an appropriate path toward transferring from a public California community college to a public California university.
Transfer Center Services
For further transfer assistance and exploration, it is recommended to visit the MSJC Transfer Center at either San Jacinto or Menifee Valley campuses.
Transfer Center Services Include: Associate Degree for Transfer
- Admissions, housing, financial aid/scholarship information and assistance
- Information on specific majors and programs
- Library of College/University catalogs, brochures, and extension programs
- Admissions Applications
- Video Library
- Individual advising sessions with university representatives
- Annual College Fair
- Multiple electronic media resources for career, college and scholarship information (includes Internet access and website addresses)
- Campus tours to universities throughout California
- Access to web site addresses for local, national, and international colleges and universities
- Hyperlinks to important related transfers and articulation websites (see below)