Skip Main Navigation

Counseling Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. You can attend MSJC if you meet any one of the following criteria:

  • Have graduated from high school or

  • Have passed the California High School Proficiency Exam or

  • Have passed the GED examination or

  • Did not graduate from high school but are 18 years of age or older or

  • Are an eligible high school student who has satisfied concurrent enrollment admissions requirements or

  • Are an international student who has satisfied specific international student admissions requirements.

Our Virtal Counseling Lobby is available daily Monday - Thursday 7:00am to 7:00pm and Friday from 8:00am - noon. Counseling Appointments can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. 

Phone: 951-465-7927 

Student Education Plan is a plan that lists the classes you will need to complete your educational goal at MSJC

You will need 60 degree applicable units to receive an associate’s degree including general education requirements. The length of time will depend on how many units you complete each term.

Students planning to graduate from MSJC who need to use courses from another college/university as prerequisite(s), must submit all official transcripts to MSJC.

High school transcripts are needed when:

  • Verifying Graduation-Diploma or GED if you're under the age of 18

  • Applying for Liberal Arts Studies and have taken a foreign language in high school

  • Trying to meet prerequisite or challenge a course

For fall and spring semesters, it is 12 units.  For summer, is 6 units.

You are not required by the college to take a minimum number of units each term. The number of units you take will depend on several factors; such as:

  • The number of hours you are employed each week

  • Your degree/certificate objectives

  • Your own timetable for graduation and/or transfer.

There are also eligibility requirements if you are receiving financial aid, veteran benefits, or other kinds of benefits. Counselors are available to assist you with your educational planning.

You may register online via Self-Service. If the class is closed or has already started, you must get an add authorization from the instructor.

You are responsible to drop your class(es) on Self-Service. Print a copy of the withdrawal for your records. Do not assume that instructors will automatically drop you for non-attendance. Check the schedule for withdrawal dates.