Skip Main Navigation

Associate Degrees for Transfer

MSJC offers several Associate Degrees for Transfer (AA-T/AS-T). These specialized degrees guarantee you admission to one California State University (CSU) if you meet the minimum degree requirements for eligibility.

To pursue an AA-T or AS-T degree, you will need to set up an appointment with a counselor to identify a major and develop a comprehensive educational plan. Additionally, it is important for you to attend one of MSJC’s transfer workshops and visit the Transfer Center for more information about applying for a degree and petitioning prior to transfer. After petitioning to receive an AA-T or AS-T degree at MSJC, you can begin applying to CSU campuses for transfer. Remember to check your email and student portals frequently to ensure you are meeting all CSU transfer deadlines and to complete the FAFSA application online. 

Once you are admitted to a CSU, you must submit your intent to enroll and request official transcripts from MSJC Enrollment Services to be sent on your behalf. Keep in mind that you may not be admitted to your preferred CSU campus or in your preferred major.  

How Do I Start?


  • See a counselor and develop an education plan
  • Identify a major
  • Attend a transfer workshop
  • Visit the Transfer Center


  • Apply to CSUs 
  • Check email and student portals frequently
  • Petition/apply for AA-T/AS-T degree
  • Meet CSU deadlines for AA-T/AS-T 
  • Complete the FAFSA  


  • Submit intent to enroll
  • Request final transcripts to be sent to your CSU

List of AA-T and AS-T degrees offered at MSJC