ASC Faculty & Staff Resource Center
Please review the Faculty Rights and Responsibilities, thank you!
Do you have a question?
See if your answer is here, Frequently Asked Questions by Faculty.
If you still need answers, please call your local ASC office.
Student Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for support services or instruction a student with a disability must have an impairment which is verified and which results in an educational limitation. The existence of an impairment may be verified, using procedures prescribed by the Chancellor, by one of the following means:
- Observation by ASC professional staff with review by the ASC coordinator;
- Assessment by appropriate ASC professional staff; or
- Review of documentation provided by appropriate agencies or certified or licensed professionals outside of ASC.
The student's educational limitations must be identified by appropriate ASC professional staff and described in the Student Educational Contract (SEC) required pursuant to Section 56022. Eligibility for each service provided must be directly related to an educational limitation consistent with Section 56000(b) and Section 56004.
For more information on Title 5 regulations and guidelines, visit: Title 5 Regulations & Guidelines & California Code Sections
Approved Accommodations Resources
- Test Proctoring Instruction Form - Instructors complete this form with every submitted test to ASC. (PDF - fillable form) PLEASE NOTE - You MUST save your completed form to your computer prior to attaching to an email)
- How To Add Extended Time in BlackBoard
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Syllabi Statements *Please choose one option to include in your syllabi.*
- Service Animals
- ADA Requirements for Classroom Seating
- Brief Guide to Creating Accessible Documents
- Online Course Compliance
- MSJC's Board Policy, BP 5140: Disabled Students Programs and Services
- Administrative Policy 5140